The State Art Museum of Altai Krai (until 1993 Altay Museum of Fine and Applied Arts, JAMU) was opened in Barnaul, February 6, 1959. The history of the creation of an art museum in the Altai region takes its introduction associated with the economic and cultural development of the Altai land in XVIII - first half XIX centuries. During this period, the intensive development of the mining complex led to a flowering of secular and Orthodox culture. Worldwide fame Altai made products Kolyvansky lapidary plant. Barnaul, the capital of the Altai mining district, hit by foreign travelers a high level of civilization.

© 2017 State Art Museum of Altai Krai
muzeighmak@rambler.ru  |  ALL_CONTACTS